Thursday, January 17, 2013

What is your American Dream?


   The American Dream is not, nor should it be, something that is easily obtained. The American Dream can only be achieved through a great amount of hard work and perseverance. For me, that dream is to achieve happiness in all aspects of my life, both at home and at work.

   In my American Dream, I have a job that I not only earn a decent amount of money from, but I also can derive some sort of joy from while performing my day-to-day duties. I would like to earn enough money so that I never have to worry about how I am to put food on the table every night or how I am to pay the next house payment. I dream to make enough money to never worry about how much I have. I wish to have a job that allows me to be happy while I work. I do not wish to be yet another person who dreads waking up in the morning to go to their job that they hate and be around people they cannot stand. I may not know what this dream job is yet, but I plan to continue searching until I someday discover that perfect job.

   In my American Dream, I return from my job to a nice home and a loving family. I hope to acquire a house that will allow my family and me to live comfortably and without squalor. I do not want a giant mansion that occupies enough space for ten families, but I do want a house that is spacious enough to not feel cramped. I wish to live with a kind, happy family that I can support. I hope to provide what they need to lead successful lives. I do not know where this perfect home or who this perfect family is yet, but I hope to one day find them.

   I understand that my American Dream is not achievable by all, even if they work their absolute hardest to get there. My American Dream may not even be achievable by me, but I plan to try my best to get there, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment