Friday, September 7, 2012

Brandon's Reading Bucket List

  1. Holes - by Louis Sachar:  I saw the movie of this book quite a long time ago and I really enjoyed it. Books are usually much better than the movie versions of them, so I would really like to read it. I was only in the second grade when I saw it the first time, so I didn't really understand a lot of it. I would like to go back and have all the holes in the story of the movie filled in by the book.
  2. Jurassic Park - by Michael Crichton:  I absolutely adored these movies as a child. I was extremely fascinated by dinosaurs loved everything to do with them. I think it would be great to go back and enjoy the stories that I enjoyed so long ago. I would also be interested in seeing the deeper story that the book most likely contains. This book is also a part of my favorite genre of books, fantasy.
  3. The Fellowship of the Ring - by J.R.R. Tolkien:  This is another series of movies that I grew up watching. I have always enjoyed the Lord of the Rings movies and I know that the books will not disappoint me. The fantasy genre of books is, without a doubt, my favorite genre of any form of media, especially books. I actually have this book at my house, so getting it to read will not be a problem for me.
  4. Speak - by Laurie Halse Anderson:  I know very little about this book, except that it is supposed to be a "must-read" for anyone of any age, according to Mrs. Gillmore. One of the key topics, bullying, is definitely relevant to real life right now, especially since we have and will continue to do classwork related to bullying and it is Beta Club's Awareness Platform this year. I already have this book checked out from the library so this will be my first bucket list book to read, and I look forward to it.
  5. The Hobbit - by J.R.R. Tolkien:  I have heard good things about this book as well. My grandmother tried to get me to read this several years ago, but my mom thought that I was too young to enjoy it. My grandmother has recently tried to get me to read it again, and, since it is related to The Lord of the Rings stories, I am sure I will enjoy reading it.
  6. Ender's Game - by Orson Scott Card:  This is yet another book I know very little about, though that is not necessarily a bad thing. I would like to expand my reading horizons, so reading books I know little to nothing about could actually be a good thing for me. Plus, according to miss Gillmore, it is a good book for someone my age.
  7. Fang - by James Patterson:   I read several online reviews of this book and everyone that writes a review seems to like it. It is one of my favorite genres of books, fantasy, and a genre I have never read before, horror. I think it would be interesting to try to read a new genre of books. It is also a part of a series, so I will need to read all the books before it first, which will give me more books to read. Additionally, Mrs. Gillmore says that this book is worth reading.
  8. Thirteen Reasons Why - by Jay Asher:  This is another book that is highly recommended by Mrs. Gillmore. This book has won many awards and received stellar reviews, so I guess I can't go wrong with reading it. Additionally, it is being made into a movie soon, so I must read this book before I go see it. It is also written from a unique perspective. It is said to "deeply affect" teen readers, so that is a plus because I like books that make me think.
  9. Hatchet - by Gary Paulsen:  Since I was in Junior High, I have heard many good things from many people about this book. It is also a part of a series, which just makes it better because I like to stick with one character for a long period of time. My brother also read it and really enjoyed it, and he doesn't even enjoy reading usually.
  10. The Book Thief - by Markus Zusak:  Another book that is in a genre that I really love, this time it's Historical Fiction. I've also heard that this novel is narrated from a very different point of view, Death's. I like to read books that are written in a different way that normal books every once in a while. It is also set in Nazi Germany, a very interesting time and place in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment